4 Days 3 Nights Mount Meru Trekking
Mount Meru is located in Arusha,Tanzania 71 kilometers west of mount Kilimanjaro. The height of this mountain is about 4,563metre. Mt. Meru is central of the Arusha National Park. It is surrounded by Savannah plantations and also a dense forest that provides shelter for the wild animals and birds. Animals such as Leopards and Monkeys.
Day 1: meeting and Briefing
You will be picked up from Nairobi. From there you will go to the Kilimanjaro grand hostel in Moshi for an orientation on your trek. Your guides will be there to provide you with details on your trek and will also check your trekking gear.
Dinner and overnight at Kilimanjaro crane hotel in moshi
Day 2: Moshi – Momella gate – Mariakamba hut
After breakfast depart Arusha about 8:30am drive to Momella gate. Make payment and start the climb with picnic lunch to the first hut called Miriakamaba hut. Dinner and overnight – Miriakamba hut (3 ½ hrs)
Day 3: Mariakamba – Saddle hut
After breakfast. Proceed with a climb to second hut called Saddle. This is too steep part compared to the first part (2 ½ ). During the afternoon, client can decide to attempt climbing little Meru peak and back. ( 1 )
Dinner and overnight – Saddle hut.
Day 4: Saddle hut- Summit – Saddle hut
Wake up at middle-night and have a cup of tea before starting attempt big Meru peak. Proceed to summit crossing rocky path and back to Saddle hut for full breakfast. The day will be spent resting. Lunch, dinner and overnight at Saddle hut.
Day 5: Saddle Hut – Moshi
Leave Saddle hut and descend down to Momella gate via first hut (Miriakamba) where you will be transferred to Moshi.
Dinner and Overnight at Kilimanjaro crane hotel in Moshi
Included in the package
- Private transport from the hostel to the Park s gate (starting point for the climb), and transport back to the hotel after the climb.
- 2 Nights Hotel the night before and after climbing mount meru with breakfast included.
- All National Park entry fees.
- All hut fees.
- Rescue fees (mount meru rescue team fees).
- Government taxes.
- Evacuation services.
- Friendly and competent Trained Mountain Guides, porters and professional cook. 3 full fresh meals daily. We provide fresh food on the mountain in plentiful and well prepared by skilled professional cook (we also consider your choice of food that you would prefer Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian). Menu especially designed for climbers.
- Hot drinks on the mountain and Hot water for washing will be provide everyday on the mountain.
- 3-4 liters of mineral/treated water (per Climber) provided daily during the climb.
CostsBased on 5 PAX
USD $360 per personBased on 10 PAX
USD $ 320 per person
Bank DetailsWild Heights Outdoor Trekker
A/C No. 1211413586
KCB bank- sarit center branch
A/C No. 1211413586
- Hiking gear (can be hired on request
- Personal items/effects
- Snacks & personal medicine
- Meals and drinks at Hotel